twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, August 13, 2012

{VENICE, ITALY}

One of the most beautiful and fun places I have ever been to photograph is Venice, Italy and one full day was not long enough to take everything in. This is a place that I really want to go back and visit again someday, especially before is sinks into the water! Venice is an island that is man made and has been around for hundred's of years so you are surrounded by rich history, such as the original painting of The Last Supper and Casa Nova. It has narrow walk ways and is filled with canals of water which is what many people use for transportation. If you can look past the stinky sewage smell that lingers around much of the city, I know you will fall in love with its charm!
Venice, Italy
Here is one of my favorite photos that I took during the day I was there. This is another one of those 16x24 canvas prints that hangs on my wall. This is what "Venecia" is all about. Small canals, gondolas, laundry hanging out in the open... this was my first encounter with Italy. Not to mention hearing a lady up in her kitchen break a plate and yell "Mama Mia!" and a gentleman farther down the road singing a deep baritone Italian opera song. I can't make this stuff up people! I felt like I was walking through a movie.

Venice, Italy
One thing that completely disgusts the Venetians is when the foreigners play with the dirty filthy disease ridden pigeons. Just like my girl friend and I are doing in this photo here. :-) It's no wonder I usually come home from traveling with some new strange foreign disease. It's to the point that every time I go to the doctor the first thing out of her mouth is "so, have you been to any countries lately that I need to know about this time?" Hey, it's once in a lifetime, I figure I might as well live it up! 
San Giorgio Island, Venice, Italy
Here is a photo of San Giorgio Island from the shores of Venice. I would have loved to have visited there. As you can see it is not far away at all and the architecture is beautiful. Plus, every photo looks better with a gondola in it. I would love to take a ride in one of these some day.

Venice, Italy

Since there are endless scenes to photograph in Venice, I'm sure that goes for painters as well. So many artists line the streets of Venice. Their work was so beautiful but way out of my budget and completely justifiable. Amazingly talented people! For some reason this photo has a special place in my heart. I always feel a little guilty photographing people, especially when they know I'm doing it but haven't asked, so thank you Mr. Painter man!

Partway through the day the clouds moved in a bit which made for this dramatic photo. You can see a little bit of how colorful the buildings are in this city. Like I said, I can't wait to go back. There is just so much to photograph that I didn't get to take advantage of and you can't forget about the food. The sea food is amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About